11/07/2005
The dust was beginning to settle around the broken down door. He could see her silhouette standing in the door way, against the bright hallway lights -- an overbearing and menacing silhouette. He recognized the object nestled in her hand as a Mark II plasma pistol. From that distance, he could not tell whether it was set to stun or kill.

"Mr. Frosty?" she inquired sarcastically.

"Mr. Frost" he corrected.

"I think he deserves a name change, the poor sod" she said, fingers tightening around the pistol handle.

"You know I can't change a characters name mid story"

She was small, but her twelve inch heels made her look one foot taller. In fact, they made her look exactly one foot taller. Because there were twelve inches in a foot. There still is.

The heels where equipped with built in stabilizing gyros that made what would otherwise have been an acrobatic feat of balance look completely natural.

"Then I guess you leave me no choice"

"I guess I don't"

"Goodbye, Kermie"

As the leading plasma pulse hit him, he instantly knew the weapon's setting: kill. The story was never published.